If you’ve recently made the decision to attend beauty school, congratulations. Setting your sights on a becoming a licensed cosmetologist is the first step in achieving your goal, but with so many options out there, there is a lot to think about. Here’s what you should be thinking about and what you need to be looking for when considering different beauty schools.
Choose a Program That Interests You
First and foremost, you need to choose a program that appeals to you. What part of the beauty industry appeals to you the most? Cutting and coloring hair? Or do you have a passion for skincare? Or do you have your sights set on becoming a manicurist? Whatever the case may be, deciding what you want to go for is the first step. The right beauty school for you will have a program that suits the path you’ve chosen. Once you know what you want to do, you can make sure that the school you choose offers a fantastic program for it.
Look at Financial Aid and Scholarships
When you are considering any school, you should definitely ask about any financial aid and scholarships that may be available. Tuition to beauty school can be costly; however, many schools will help students find the means to pay for their education through financial aid and scholarships. Schools will oftentimes have on-site financial aid offices that will help you plan for how you will pay for your education, taking the stress off your shoulders.
Ask Yourself the Important Questions
You need to ask yourself important questions so that you understand what you’re looking for, but you also need to thoroughly research the schools.
Aside from choosing the program that interests you the most, you should be asking yourself the following questions:
- What’s most important; quality of education or affordability?
- Do you want a school that focuses on job placement or one with a busy clinic floor?
- What is the student-teach ratio? The smaller the ratio, the more one-on-one time you will get with instructors.
- What is the graduation rate? Check out the number of students who have successfully completed the program, so you know how well the school teaches and how challenging the curriculum is.
Additionally, you should ask the following questions about the schools you look at:
- Is the school accredited?
- How long is the program and will it work with your current schedule?
- What kind of skills will you learn in the program?
- What are the job placement rates?
Franklin Academy―A Top Choice Beauty School in Tennessee
Franklin Academy is a top choice beauty school for aspiring cosmetologists in Cleveland and Chattanooga, TN. We offer a hands-on experience, the ability to choose your future with financial aid options. Our high graduation rates speak for themselves; Franklin Academy gives students the tools they need to be successful in the field of cosmetology. If you are looking for a quality manicuring, aesthetics, or hair school in Chattanooga or Cleveland, TN, look no further than to one of the best cosmetology schools in TN: Franklin Academy. Contact us to request more information or apply now to get started on the path toward your future.